Any facial hair, including eyebrows, eyelashes, moustache, beard, and sideburns can be considered for a facial hair transplant. If someone has lost hair in these areas or is facing thinning, then a facial hair transplant would be a good option.
Following conditions could be some reasons that lead to transplants
- Scars which could have been caused due to accidents, certain surgical procedures or burns
- Medical conditions such as cancer, which require chemotherapy or radiation, which could lead to hair loss
- Traction alopecia or really tight hair styles or pulling back of the hair, leading to the pulling of the hair follicles becoming weak
- Conditions such as long standing alopecia areata
- Scarring which can be caused by conditions such as folliculitis
Previous transplant surgeries that might have gone wrong or might not have given as per liking. Removal of lesions near the eye brow or eye lashes can cause hair loss in the area which can be covered with a hair transplant.