It is normal to shed some hair each day as part of this cycle. The average scalp contains about 1,00,000 hairs. On an average a person loses about 100 hair per day. However, some people may experience excessive (more than normal) hair loss. Hair loss of this type can affect men, women and children.
Many people suffer from hair loss due to various factors like:
- Prolonged illness.
- Medications, Post Chemotherapy, excess Vitamin A.
- After undergoing a major surgery.
- Nutritional deficiency, Crash diets that lack sufficient protein, Iron and Vitamins.
- Hormonal imbalance – post-delivery or thyroid gland problems ( either overactive or under active ).
- Chemical and Physical stress to the hair shaft from Hair Colouring, Perming, Long Lasting straightening or lengthening.
- Severe emotional Stress.
- Infection of the scalp – Fungal infections.